1. GENERAL INFORMATION
• The Competition is open to pianists of all nationalities.
• Contestants of SIPC / SIPC (Junior) are not allowed to register for SIPC (Amateur).
• All pieces must be performed from memory except Four-Hands and Two-Pianos classes.
• In case of a tie, the jury may decide to divide the prize between the winners.
• All decisions of the jury are final and cannot be appealed.
• For queries, contestants from Singapore, China, South Korea, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam and Philippines should contact the local representatives. Contestants from other countries should contact Competition Committee.
• Singapore International PianoCompetition Committee reserves the rights of final decision on the interpretation of these terms and conditions at any time.
• Contestants should contact the local representatives for preliminary round. Contacts
• Application deadline: December 20, 2020.
• Once application is submitted NO change of repertoire is allowed.
• Incomplete application will not be accepted.
• All supporting documents must be submitted together with the application form.
• The applicant grants to the Competition the right to use any and all submitted documents free of any rights, fees or charges.
3. SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
• All documents must be submitted to local representatives.
• Audition video(s) must meet the criteria listed below.
• Music scores submitted must be in PDF format.
• Copy of current passport clearly showing all personal information.
• Recent professional photograph. Resolution must be at least 300 dpi.
• Remittance receipt.
4. VIDEO RECORDING REQUIREMENTS
• The video must be made in a single, unedited recording of the applicant. The lens cannot be converted and filters are not allowed. The sound and image must be synchronized and the face and hands of the contestant must be visible at all times. The total duration of recording must be within the allotted time.
• Contestants must introduce themselves at the beginning of the video: "I am XXX, my competition category is XXX, and the piece is XXX" (introduction of three elements: name + category + piece), and bow their thanks at the end.
• During the recording, the camera must be stationary and filmed on a horizontal screen showing the whole body of the contestant. External equipment can be used for recording.
• Definition above 1080P, screen ratio 16:9
• The format of the video file must be MP4 or MOV, and the size of the video must not exceed 2G.
• The name of the video file must be: category + name (for example: Youth Group + Nicola Ma).
• The video must be made within six months of the submission of the applicatio
5. Key Dates
Preliminary round: November, 2020
Final registration deadline: December 20, 2020
Jury reviewing contestants’ videos: January 1-9, 2021
Competition broadcast online: January 15-19, 2021
Announcement of Result: The following day of each class
1. GENERAL INFORMATION